Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Brownie Mix [Insert Day of Week Here]

Maybe, I shouldn't lock myself into Mondays. Lol. But Brownie Mix Tuesday just doesn't sound as good as Brownie Mix Monday. Anyways, sorry I'm late again, folks. I'll try harder for you next week. This weekend I made a whole mess of cupcakes for a couple of graduation parties and I just couldn't bring myself to turn on the oven yesterday.

This weeks brownie is inspired by the beloved Peppermint Patty. Layer of brownie, layer of peppermint, thin layer of chocolate. One bite and you'll feel like you're [insert extreme moment of adrenaline here]!



Here's how to do it:

Mint Chocolate Layer Brownies

Ingredients
1 pan baked brownies (can be homemade or from your favorite mix)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons heavy cream or evaporated milk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch salt
2 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate

Directions
Mix powdered sugar, cream, extracts and salt in the bowl of a mixer until everything is well blended (about a minute). Spread mint mixture over baked and cooled brownies. Melt the chocolate in the microwave stirring every 30 seconds until melted (it took me 1 minute). Pour chocolate over brownies and spread evenly. Allow chocolate to cool before cutting. Cut and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment