Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Brownie Mix Monday!

Fact: Cookies are yummy. Fact: Brownies are yummy. So, why not combine the two and make one magical dessert?

Behold! The 5 Ingredient Brownie Cookie!

We were having a little party at our house today and I didn't feel like spending too much time on dessert (mostly because I spent yesterday making Red Velvet Cupcakes. More on that in a couple of days) so I came up with this bad boy. These cookies are way too easy and accessible that it's a little dangerous. You might be cursing me later. They took all of 1 minute to mix up. The hardest part was scooping them out and really... how hard is scooping? Welp, I hope you enjoy but don't blame me if you gain unwanted weight because of them.

5 Ingredient Brownie Cookies

Ingredients
1 Box Brownie Mix
1 Egg
1 Stick (1/2 cup) Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (I'm not going to lie, I could have used more, but I only had 1/2 cup. Or you can use none at all. They would have still been good, but use what you feel is best.)
Sea Salt (optional)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. In an electric mixer, mix brownie mix, egg and butter until combined. This takes about a minute. Add chocolate chips, if using them.
  2. Scoop cookies onto silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. I used a 1 ounce scoop and it made a little less than 2 dozen cookies. Sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt (see picture below on how much to put on). Bake in preheated oven until a little glossy on top - between 9 and 11 minutes. It's hard to tell when they are done. Just look at the middles and if they don't look raw, then take them out. They will set up as they cool.
  3. Transfer cookies to a wire rack. Cool until set or destroy the evidence by eating all of them warm right out of the oven. I won't tell. If I didn't have so many witnesses, there would be no telling what I would do.
This is a good amount of salt

This is a little too much. Zak wanted to do one so he dipped the ball into the salt. Someone ate it though, so I guess it wasn't too bad.


5 comments:

  1. Oh they look soooo good!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for easy tasty recipe! I'm having my first link party tomorrow Cast Party Wednesday. I would like to invite you to come over and share this easy recipe with us. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those brownies look delicious! Thanks for coming by to share! Have a great weekend.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe at my link party. I hope you will come over and share some more of your tasty recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete