Monday, July 4, 2011

Brownie Mix Monday: Nutella-ish

It may be late, but it is still Monday! I actually made these brownies yesterday but was too lazy to write a post about them. Slacker.

I know, just get to the brownies already...

So, these brownies were inspired by Nutella. I love Nutella, but it is so darn expensive! I can't bring myself to buy it. I even made my own a few weeks ago, but I couldn't find the particular recipe that I used. Sorry. It was good, but I have to admit, that it wasn't as creamy and melty as the real stuff. Anyways, the point is, these brownies taste like Nutella, but it doesn't have any in it. Crazy! If you really want to go wild, you can spread some Nutella on top of the brownies and sprinkle on some extra chopped hazelnuts (neither of which I had). That would be really good. They were good without the extras though. It's just a nice little twist on the plain brownie!



Nutella-ish Brownies

1 box brownie mix
Ingredients to make brownie mix according to package
3/4 chopped hazelnuts

Preheat oven according to directions on package of brownie mix. Prepare pan too. Chop hazelnuts in food processor until they are chopped fine. Add the oil from the brownie mix instructions. Process until the nuts basically become liquid and there aren't any big pieces. Make brownies according to package directions using the nut oil. Bake according to directions. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment